Purpose of role
This role is an excellent opportunity to start your career by joining one of the country’s newest and most well recognised Destination Management Organisations (DMO). As our in-house specialist for all things digital, you will be tasked with taking the lead when it comes to our web presence, overseeing all aspects of the Shakespeare’s England website, including content management, social media, CRM and digital display campaigns. You will be responsible for driving increased visitation to our website and deliver impressive conversion rates to exceed our ambitious targets.
This varied role will be instrumental to the daily operation of the organisation, where you will be a key member of a small and busy team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive.
- Driving traffic to the Shakespeare’s England website through acquisition campaigns
- Driving conversion of traffic to Explorer Pass by Shakespeare’s England sales and Stay, Play Explore short breaks bookings
- Owning and improving the customer UX from start to finish
- Driving engagement through organic and paid for Social Media
- Increasing Memberships of Shakespeare’s England via website engagement
- Commercialising the website via banner ad sales
- Ownership of all website and online content and CMS, working with the SE Members to collate information, ensuring it is up to date and relevant
- Upload and oversee all Members Events
- Maintain the Members CRM data
- Work with the Marketing & Commercial Manager to recommend revenue optimisation across all channels
- Work with the PR agency to optimise media campaigns and maximise ROI
- Develop a robust calendar of social media content to drive engagement through posts, videos and stories
- Maintain and develop existing social media channels maximising impact.
- Create digital content relevant for marketing campaigns.
- Achieve budgeted volume and revenue targets for sales of the Explorer Pass by Shakespeare’s England
- Achieve budgeted and revenue targets for sales of the Stay, Play, Explore Warwickshire short breaks programme
- Develop digital reporting tools and provide Chief Executive with Monthly analysis on all aspects of digital engagement and on line sales
- Work with the digital marketing teams at VisitEngland and VisitBritain to supply content for VE / VB websites and campaigns
- Support the Marketing & Commercial Manager in all aspects of the DMO’s attendance at trade shows and business events
- Support the Marketing & Commercial Manager to organise the quarterly Tourism Forums and any Members Networking Events
- Assist with press and trade familiarisation visits
- Manage the SE Enquiries email account
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for the DMO and attain member recruitment targets
- Some PA and general office administration duties to support the Chief Executive
Personal Specification & Required Skills
- Confident CMS user with in-depth knowledge and competency with WordPress
- Previous experience of running a WordPress site
- Knowledge of HTML coding an added benefit
- Ability to crop & resize images
- Experienced in digital marketing and running social media campaigns. Relevant software experience with InDesign or equivalent
- Experience in Email Marketing and use of Mailchimp an advantage
- Knowledge of Google analytics or equivalent required
- Motivated and able to manage work processes using own initiative
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages (specifically PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- Event management experience preferred
- Highly organised with excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision as part of a small and busy team
- High standard of written English for copy writing
- A keen interest in tourism / arts and heritage would be beneficial
- Hold a current driving license with full access to a car.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the country’s leading international tourist destinations. Shakespeare’s England is a private public sector partnership and a not-for-profit membership organisation. It has the support of some of the most famous names in English tourism – the Royal Shakespeare Company, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, English Heritage and Warwick Castle. It also has the support of Stratford-on-Avon District Council, Warwick District Council, Warwickshire County Council, VisitEngland and VisitBritain.
This role is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, based in Stratford-upon-Avon with a salary of circa £19k dependent upon experience.
Free parking adjacent to the office is provided.
You will be entitled to join the Work-Place Pension scheme on successful completion of a 3-month probationary period
Flexible working outside of normal office hours may be required, including some evenings and weekends
Closing date for applications – Friday 11th October 2019
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience to Helen Peters, Chief Executive on email@example.com