- Email Address email@example.com
- Telephone 01295 670266
- Website https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/upton-house-and-gardens
In 1927 Lord and Lady Bearsted viewed Upton House with ‘the eye of imagination’ and soon set about creating their made-to-measure country home.
Purchased in 1927 by the 2nd Viscount Bearsted, Upton had great potential, but needed modernisation. You can follow the renovations and witness the ‘before’ and ‘after’, as the Bearsteds fashioned a made-to-measure family home, fit to showcase a world-class art collection, including works by Bosch, Stubbs, El Greco.
Every ideal home needs a spectacular garden; Upton’s boasts early spring bulbs, lavish herbaceous planting and thriving kitchen garden, all reflecting in the Mirror Pool.
How to find us
Banbury train station is 7 miles
On A422, 7 miles north of Banbury, 12 miles south-east of Stratford-upon-Avon. Signed from exit 12 of M40. From exit 11 follow the signs for the A422 via Wroxton.
SatNav: When using your SatNav please follow the directions to the postcode area, then look for the brown signs to find our car park. The entrance is on the main road, the A422.
X7 Stratford-upton-Avon to Banbury, Express service via Ettington Upton House & Wroxton. From Stratford Station: 11:50 or 13:50 From Banbury Bus station:10:50, 12:50 or 14:50
- Designated ‘disabled parking’ area in the main car park. Buggy shuttle to house and restaurant.
- House ground floor wheelchair accessible. There is seating available in all rooms.
- Most of the garden is access via steps and slopes but can be seen from the lawn.
- Exhibition in the Squash Court Gallery is accessible, via sloping paths.
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow during your visit (on a first come first served basis).
- Adapted toilets in the restaurant and courtyard
- Large print guides to paintings available in each room
- Please contact us for full access information or if you have any queries 01295 670266.
Conferences & meetings
Food & Drink
See our website here for details of the three venues you can choose from when you visit Upton.