Exclusive offers, special events and a taste of local produce will take place across the region to help promote Warwickshire and celebrate English Tourism Week.
Members of Shakespeare’s England are offering a whole host of discounts exclusively for Warwickshire locals to encourage them to visit tourist attractions, restaurants and shops in the region.
English Tourism Week is organised annually to promote domestic tourism and get locals to explore their area from Saturday, March 30 till Sunday, April 7.
Ahead of this year’s celebration of tourism, businesses in South Warwickshire are hoping to encourage locals to visit the attractions that they might not otherwise get out to.
Shakespeare’s England will be helping to promote the celebrations with Tudor Rose coffee stencils which they will be distributing free of charge to local coffee shops in Warwickshire in partnership with Warwick District Council.
The Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for South Warwickshire will also be promoting the week with a special Instagram competition where businesses can submit their snaps of their Tudor Rose coffees for a chance to win 2 Explorer passes, providing free entry to the top tourist attractions in the region.
Helen Peters, chief executive of Shakespeare’s England, said: “English Tourism Week helps to promote the region to domestic tourists and it is the perfect way for locals to get involved and visit the attractions in their area.
“Our members provide such wonderful offerings for tourists visiting the area all year round but English Tourism Week focuses on promoting the attractions to locals who might not otherwise think to visit certain attractions in their area.
“It’ll be great to see more locals getting involved in domestic tourism and visiting the places that are just on their doorstep so we’re excited to see so many of Shakespeare’s England members getting involved in the Tourism Week celebrations!”
For those looking to sample a taste of the local area, the Arden Hotel’s A Taste of Stratford Afternoon Tea promotes local produce and the history of the town, while the traditional Sparkling Afternoon Tea at Mallory Court Hotel and Spa offers a complimentary glass of English sparkling wine with food produced using ingredients from their own gardens to help celebrate their locally-grown produce.
Go Cotswolds Day Tours – a fantastic opportunity for visitors to experience the real English countryside on Sunday, March 31, Wednesday, April 3, Friday, April 5 and Sunday, April 7 along with the monthly Purity Brewery and Pub Tour on Saturday April 6 which gives locals and visitors alike the chance to sample award-winning beers and delicious homemade food, while also visiting some traditional English pubs in the Cotswolds. More details and booking at www.gocotswolds.co.uk.
A new Doggy Day Out Trail in Warwick Town Centre is being launched during English Tourism Week to promote the dog-friendly businesses with a social media competition to win pooch prizes for those who complete the full trail.
Glamping under the stars is an ever-popular weekend getaway and pods at Wootton Park now include an outdoor BBQ, fire pit, hot tub and a brand-new pizza oven with those booking during English Tourism Week receiving a 10% discount on stays in their four glamping pods as another discount exclusive to the tourism celebrations.
The launch of The Farm in Stratford coincides with English Tourism Week on Saturday, April 6 and will be showcasing a range of locally sourced produce which has been gathered from within a 30-mile radius and homegrown vegetables from its market garden.
A brand-new all-action show at Warwick Castle, the UK’s biggest Bird of Prey show, will feature up to 70 high flying Birds of Prey take flight in an all-action, dynamic display of aerial acrobatics launching on April 6 as one of the newest events at one of the UK’s top attractions.
Here is the full list and details of events:
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall – New local pass granting free unlimited entry for a year for CV37 postcode locals, launching on April 1.
- Queen Victoria Tour – Saturday, April 30 at 2pm, meet at Queen Victoria Statue, Town Hall Leamington Spa for this free tour.
- Stratford Town Walk – Daily Walks, Sunday to Friday 11am, Saturday 11am and 2pm and Ghost Walks every Saturday evening, discover Stratford’s dark history, more information at https://www.stratfordtownwalk.co.uk
- Lord Leycester Hosptial, Warwick – Free Master’s Garden Opening for local residents from 10-4pm, visit www.lordleycester.com for more information.
- Go Cotswolds – Go Cotswolds Day Tours on Sunday, March 31, Wednesday, April 3, Friday, April 5 and Sunday, April 7 along with the monthly Purity Brewery and Pub Tour on Saturday April 6, more information at https://www.gocotswolds.co.uk/
- The Arden Hotel – raising money for Shakespeare’s Puppies, sponsoring guide dogs and naming them after Shakespeare’s characters, visit https://www.facebook.com/ShakespearePups/ for more information.
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust – New exhibition telling the story of David Garrick’s Shakespeare Jubilee and the 250th anniversary of this celebration, more information at www.shakespeare.org.uk
- The King’s Hotel – His & Hers Afternoon Tea with English sparkling wine or local beers on offer, call 01386840256 to book.
- Woodside Hotel, Kenilworth – Three-course meal to celebrate Mother’s Day, more information at http://www.sundialgroup.com/venues-hotels/woodside/overview/
- Doubletree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon – Mother’s Day, Mum’s eat free meal.
- Warwickshire County Council/ Market Hall Museum – ‘Bring the Hoard Home’, fundraising campaign to raise £62,000 to buy a major Roman coin hoard recently found in Warwickshire including a gala evening on Friday, April 5. To support the campaign and get tickets, call 01926 412500.
- Bicester Village – VIP card offering 10% savings on purchases in more than 130 luxury fashion and lifestyle boutiques.
- Coombe Abbey – Afternoon Tea with Britain’s Got Talent performers, the D Day Darlings to celebrate Mother’s Day. To book go to https://www.coombeabbey.com/.
- Venture House – Hotdesking facilities available.
- St Mary’s Church – Singing for Mum with Warwickshire Choristers and County Male Voices on March 30 and on April 7, Matt Western, MP for Warwick and Leamington’s Lent Addresses on ‘Faith in Education?’ Part of Choral Evensong and followed by a Q&A.: www.stmaryswarwick.org.uk.
- Unlocking Warwick – Court House Tour, free from 11.00 – 11.45am.
- Warwick Visitor Information Centre – ‘Love Local’ arts and crafts, April 6.
- Market Place – French Market 9.00 am – 4.00pm, April 6.
- Warwick County Record Office, Oliver Cromwell’s Letter: Free talk at 1.00pm and the Countess of Warwick’s Papers and Secrets at 6.00pm, April 1.
- Bridge House Theatre – Baddiel’s musical comedy ‘AniMalcolm’, 2.30pm, March 31.
- All Saints Church – English Music with the Divertimento Choir, 7.30pm, March 30.
- Historic Warwick Walk – 10.30am – 12.00pm starting at the Court House for free.
- Royal Regiment Of Fusiliers Museum, St John’s House – Saturday Talk: Gallipoli and the 9th Warwick’s by Ian Binnie on March 30, tickets are available at www.warwickfusiliers.co.uk
- Court House, Jury Street – Annual Town Meeting with the report from the Mayor of Warwick and local community groups on April 4, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and the Court House Tour with Unlocking Warwick on April 6, A free 45-minute to Warwick and its past, email@example.com.
- Visitor Information Centre – Love Local: A collection of local artists and crafters selling handmade products, 01926 492212.
- The Globe, Warwick – Trivia Trail where teams can search Warwick for the answers to a mix of historical, observational and fun questions, www.triviatrails.co.uk to book.
- The Bell, Alderminster – Award-winning Sunday lunch to celebrate Mother’s Day, visit https://www.thebellald.co.uk/ for the full menu and prices.
- Mallory Court Hotel and Spa – Sparkling Afternoon Tea from £27.50 per person call 01926 330214 to book
- Doggy Day Out Trail – For the full trail details, visit www.visitwarwick.co.uk
- Wootton Park Glamping Pods – 10% discount when booked during English Tourism Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Offer Code SHAKES19.
- Arden Hotel – A Taste of Stratford Afternoon Tea, and stay from £149.00 per room, per night Call 01789 298682 to book.
- Warwick Castle – The Falconer’s Quest, https://www.warwick-castle.com/
For more suggestions on places to visit in Warwickshire for English Tourism Week https://shakespeares-england.co.uk/