Halloween themed activities, shopping and craft markets are just some of the fun events taking place during the October half term.
Shakespeare’s England members will be hosting an array of activities during the holidays to keep everyone entertained – many of which have a spooky theme.
For children with no fear of creepy-crawlies, Stratford Butterfly Farm has a new exhibit Mini-Beast Metropolis where they can meet the pumpkin-patch tarantula – a species that originates from Colombia.
With more than 300 cars to discover, adventurers visiting the British Motor Museum can take part in a live spooky science show full of interactive demonstrations with ‘Professor Pickle’ and ‘Doctor Pumpkin’ on Wednesday, October 31, before searching the museum for the Black Cat Trail to win a spooky treat and solving mysteries on the Missing Plans Interactive Trail.
Shakespeare’s Birthplace Trust are offering frightful fun across its five historic Shakespeare properties in Stratford including pumpkin carving and a Halloween Puppet Theatre at Mary Arden’s Farm, Halloween-themed arts and crafts at Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and ZooLab Creature Workshops which introduces visitors to the life of a young William Shakespeare.
One of the biggest firework events in Warwickshire at Dallas Burston Polo Club, which has been attracting around 4,000 people over the past two years will also include a funfair and food stalls.
Coventry’s Creative Quarter FarGo Village will be hosting a Halloween Craft Market for all your spooky crafting needs and Halloween treats, whilst Pokémon Masters can celebrate all things Pokémon on Tuesday, October 23. There will also be the next StrEAT event, a Mexican-themed street food treat with Tacos and Tequila on Friday, October 26.
Coombe Abbey Hotel are offering visitors discounts across its opulent Bedchambers with visits including a full breakfast, glass of prosecco on arrival, three course dinner and a VIP Shopping Experience at Bicester Village which includes VIP Parking, additional 10 per cent savings and access to a VIP apartment area with refreshments.
Fairytale Farm’s family-friendly Halloween event Illuminations and Supper will combine the excitement of their illuminated gardens with Halloween activities including a spooky story corner and a potions workshop for children to create a truly memorable evening out on Saturday, October 27.
Here is the full list and details of events:
• Belgrade Theatre – Nativity! The Musical – October 23 to October 28: www.belgrade.co.uk/event/nativity
• The Arden Hotel, Stratford – Children under 12 stay free deal over half term, visit www.theardenhotelstratford.com/ to book.
• Royal Spa Centre, Leamington – ‘How to Hide a Lion’ on October, 19 at 1.30pm, tickets cost £12 or £10 for school tickets: www.warwickdc.gov.uk/royalspacentre/events/full
• Stratford Butterfly Farm – Meet the Mini-Beast and Mini-Beast Metropolis with a pumpkin-patch tarantula. For more information, visit www.butterflyfarm.co.uk/attraction/
• Stratford Town Walk – Halloween Ghost Walks alongside their regular Town Walks with tickets including discounts for the MAD Museum, Butterfly Farm, half price entry to Shakespeare’s School, 30 per cent off entry to the Shakespeare Houses and more: www.stratfordtownwalk.co.uk/
• Gaydon Motor Museum’s Missing Plans Interactive Trail and Spooky Spectacular Science Show: www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/
• Shakespeare’s Birthplace Trust – events across their Shakespeare properties can be found here: www.shakespeare.org.uk/events
• Escape Arts – Autumn/Winter Workshops across October and November, for more information and full dates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kenilworth Castle – Fright Nights, Little Horrors Hide and Shriek and children/adult Halloween Tours: 01926 852 078 for details and to book.
• Chedham’s Yard – Free pumpkins to carve on Saturday, October 27: www.chedhamsyard.org.uk/
• Orchestra of the Swan- based at Stratford Arts House have a concert on November 6 to celebrate Mozart and Mendelssohn: https://orchestraoftheswan.org/events/
• Discover:Gather:Give #Cafdgg – free arts fair, November 3 and 4: www.discovergathergive.co.uk
• Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall – is open daily from 11am to 5pm (last entry 4.30pm): www.ShakespearesSchoolroom.org
• Dallas Burston Polo Club – Bonfire Night, Friday, November 2: www.dbpoloclub.com or call DBPC on 01926 811 111.
• Coombe Abbey – Offer includes Bedchambers from £165 Sunday-Thursday, from £185 Friday and from £195 Saturday in a Crown Bedchamber and the VIP Shopping Experience at Bicester Village offer: email@example.com, 02476 450 450 or online at www.coombeabbey.com/deals/bicester-shopping-package/
• Fairytale Farm- Illuminations and Supper: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fairytalefarm.co.uk/index.php/explore/farm-zones
• FarGo Village – Halloween Craft Market, Pokémon Day, StrEAT Tacos and Tequila event: www.facebook.com/pg/fargovillage.coventry/events/?ref=page_internal
For more suggestions and accommodation for the half term break visit https://shakespeares-england.co.uk/