Families across Warwickshire won’t be short of options for festive fun with a Christmas cracker of events taking place from now until the new year.
Shakespeare’s England, the Destination Management Organisation for South Warwickshire, is hoping to get people across the region in the seasonal spirit with a host of exciting new events.
Coombe Abbey Hotel will once again host their famed New Year’s Eve dinner to welcome the new decade in style, as well as a Christmas Cracker Party for friends, family and work colleagues to celebrate.
A trip to Warwick Castle will now include a brand-new outdoor ice rink against the backdrop of the stunning castle walls, with visitors also being given the chance to attend Santa’s Stately Breakfast with Mr and Mrs Claus.
For those looking to entertain – or perhaps escape from – visitors on Christmas day, the Stratford-upon-Avon Walking Tour is the perfect entertainment for Christmas-wrapped tales of Stratford’s history for all the family.
Helen Peters, Chief Executive Officer for Shakespeare’s England, said: “We are delighted to be able to showcase such a wide range of events put on by our members for families, friends, and couples to enjoy.
“Christmas comes but once a year and we are urging people to make the most of what the region has to offer, whether it’s a day out with the kids or a whole week of festive fun throughout Warwickshire.
“As always, locals and visitors won’t be short of exciting opportunities to see out the year in the company of loved ones in some of the region’s finest establishments.”
Here is the full list and details of events:
- Mallory Court Country House Hotel & Spa is inviting guests to indulge in Elan Spa’s exclusive Christmas shopping evening on Thursday, November 21, complete with mulled wine and mince pies on arrival as well as a Wreath Making Workshop on Friday, December 6. www.mallory.co.uk
- Royal Shakespeare Company’s stunning Rooftop Restaurant will be serving sumptuous festive feasts from November 26, including a special holiday-themed afternoon tea. To coincide with their new musical based on the book by David Walliams, The Boy in the Dress, the Rooftop Restaurant will also be serving a special £5 two-course children’s menu from 8 November, including unlimited Robinson’s squash. The full menu is available here: https://www.rsc.org.uk/rooftop-restaurant/menus/childrens-menu
- The Arden Hotel, Stratford will be hosting a range of festive events and promotions throughout December, including Happy Hour at the No 44 Bar and December Dining at the No 44 Brasserie. There will also be a Sunday Lunch with Festive Live Music on Sunday, December 15 and a New Year’s Eve Gala Party – a black tie event with a four-course dinner, specially designed for the occasion by the Head Chef. www.theardenhotelstratford.com
- Coombe Abbey Hotel also have Christmas and New Year’s Eve with friends and family sorted with a Christmas Cracker Party, complete with two-course meal and disco on Wednesday, December 11, and a New Year’s Eve Dinner featuring champagne and canapés on arrival followed by a six-course dinner, firework display and light musical entertainment. https://www.coombeabbey.com
- Orchestra of the Swan will be bringing Upon a Midnight Clear, a breath-taking musical journey through the heart of winter, to the Stratford Playhouse on Thursday, December 12. https://orchestraoftheswan.org/events/upon-a-midnight-clear-stratford/
- Christmas Fair – Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum (Royal Warwickshire) Browse Christmas craft stalls for gifts and get into the festive spirit listening to Christmas Carols played by the Royal Warwickshire Regiment Band. www.warwickfusiliers.co.uk
- Go Cotswolds Brewery and Pub Tour includes an award-winning tour and tasting at Purity Brewing Co., lunch and a drink at one of their favourite country pubs, and transport to two further pubs in the Cotswolds. www.gocotswolds.co.uk/ale.
- Woodside Hotel, Kenilworth have events happening throughout December including festive afternoon tea and Christmas Party nights every Friday and Saturday in the run up to Christmas.http://www.sundialgroup.com/special-offers/package/ws-christmas-tea
- Warwick Castle is set to host three major events in December, including the Great Hall Christmas Feast, a Christmas Medieval Banquet, and a New Year’s Eve Ball as well as private Christmas parties on selected available dates. They will also host Santa’s Stately Breakfast, a delicious breakfast with Mr & Mrs Claus and a brand-new outdoor ice rink set against the spectacular backdrop of the castle. https://www.warwick-castle.com/explore/christmas-at-the-castle.aspx
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace Trust will see costumed actors transport visitors to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage back in time to 1615 to see the siblings locked in a discussion around the kitchen table. Father Christmas and Mrs Christmas will also be stopping by Hall’s Croft throughout December. https://www.shakespeare.org.uk/visit/whats-on/christmas-shakespeares-family-homes/
- Shakespeare’s Distillery will be hosting their recently launched cocktail masterclasses in the run up to Christmas. https://shakespearedistillery.com/cocktail-masterclass/
- Fairytale Farm has announced details of its spectacular Christmas Fairytale event, which runs right up until Christmas Eve, with owners claiming it is the biggest and most elaborate Christmas event Fairytale Farm has operated to date. http://fairytalefarm.co.uk/index.php/blog/144
- Stratford Butterfly Farm will be holding their popular ‘Meet the Mini-Beast’ handling sessions during the holiday season in the Discovery Zone, where children and adults can take part in handling sessions with the Education Team and hold creatures such as a giant African Millipede, African land snail, a variety of Stick Insects and even a Madagascan Hissing Cockroach. https://www.butterflyfarm.co.uk/attraction/
- Whittle’s at Binswood Hall have put together a range of exciting menus for guests including a festive menu, a Christmas Day menu, festive afternoon tea, a Boxing Day Buffet and New Year’s Day brunch. https://www.whittlesrestaurant.co.uk/
- The Belgrade Theatre will welcome the return of Puss in Boots as this year’s pantomime, as well as Club 2B, where the enigmatic “Z”, takes you on an exhilarating trip through time in an immersive theatrical party event like no other. http://www.belgrade.co.uk
- British Motor Museum will host the Christmas Trail & Crafts event from December 7 until 23, where visitors can help Martin the Mechanic get Santa’s sleigh back on the road and family crafts are available every weekend. www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk.
- Ettington Park Hotel will be offering exquisite food, a warm atmosphere and plenty of merriment – all in the grandeur of a country estate. https://ettington-park-hotel-stratford-upon-avon.hotelmix.co.uk/
- FarGo Village will welcome the return of their beloved Christmas Makers Market featuring independent, handcrafted gifts from some of the best festive makers and designers around, plus performers, tasty treats and more. https://www.fargovillage.co.uk/
- Hotel du Vin, Stratford will help you celebrate the festive season with colleagues, friends and family with their three-course celebration menu available for lunch and dinner.https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/stratford-upon-avon/bistro/
- Johnson’s will be providing travel to and from a range of popular Christmas events, including the Dickensian Food Tour in London, Longleat Festival of Light and Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre.https://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/
- Market Hall Museum will be hosting a Victorian Evening and Christmas Art & Craft Fair on Thursday, November 28, where visitors can browse stalls selling a variety of arts and crafts and visit Father Christmas, with 10% off in the museum shop and the chance to warm up with a mulled wine and mince pie. http://heritage.warwickshire.gov.uk/events-and-activities/
- St John’s House will host Rustic Indoor Wreath Workshop helping visitors to craft a decorative indoor wreath using only locally sourced British ingredients and sustainable materials. warwickshire.gov.uk/heritageboxoffice
- Heritage and Culture Warwickshire, Show and Tell: Twelve documents of a Warwickshire Christmas gives people the chance to Discover what went into a traditional mince pie and see other records held at Warwickshire County Record Office with a Christmas theme. https://www.facebook.com/events/warwickshire-county-record-office/show-and-tell-twelve-documents-of-a-warwickshire-christmas/953546431659719
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall will be adorned in festive Tudor-inspired decorations, influenced by the beauty of the natural world with plenty of potential Christmas gifts on offer in the gift shop. https://www.shakespearesschoolroom.org/
- Stratford Town Walk is one of the few events available on Christmas Day with visitors from all over the country coming to enjoy the Christmas-wrapped tales of Stratford’s history, the perfect walk for those staying in hotels, locals wanting to entertain their visitors, locals wanting to escape their visitors and people on their own wanting to get out of the house. The tour starts at 10:30am and tickets are £6 for adults, children (under 16) £3, and under 8yrs free. https://www.stratfordtownwalk.co.uk/
- Billesley Manor Hotel’s Festive Afternoon Teas from £25 to include a selection of finger sandwiches, Scones, Jam & Clotted Cream, Mini Tarts, Plum Puddings, Mini Mince Pies, Gingerbread Men, choice of Tea or Coffee and a glass of Prosecco! https://www.billesleymanor.com/
- Kenilworth Castle invites you to step back in time to a nostalgic family Noel complete with festive storytelling, music and toy making. Enjoy some yuletide cheer with the castle jester, indulge in a treat in the tearoom, and hand deliver your Christmas list to Father Christmas. https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/kenilworth-castle/
- Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa is offering a £5 gift voucher per person if you book your Christmas party before the end of November, call 01789 842424. http://www.mercure.com
- Lord Leycester Hospital, Warwick’s Renaissance Dance will feature authentic dances from the court and country from the time of Robert Dudley, founder of the Hospital. Two dance sessions are available at 12am and 2pm in the Great Hall, entry is included with the regular price. https://www.lordleycester.com/events.html
For more suggestions and accommodation visit https://shakespeares-england.co.uk/